Tuesday, September 25, 2012

My Wife Saved Me From A Plane Crash – Ejike Asiegbu

Former president of the Actors Guild of Nigeria (AGN) Ejike Asiegbu in a recent interview was recounting how his wife saved him from the 1996 ADC plane crash in Ejirin in Ogun state.
The seasoned actor who recounted that "It was going to be my birthday and I had to travel back to be with my sisters, who had made plans to host a party for me. I was to fly ADC. As my fiancée then, she had insisted that if I loved her, I should cancel my trip and
celebrate my birthday with her. Reluctantly, I
did. But you won't believe that the plane I was
supposed to have flown crashed. That was the
ADC plane that crashed in Ejirin on November
7, 1996. That was how she saved my life. I did
not need to be convinced any further that she
was for me. At that point I did not waste any
more time. I went straight to my father and
told him I had found a wife".
The couple who have been married for 15years with four kids had this to say about marriage "trust is very essential. You have to learn to be tolerant because marriage is about tolerance. You must humble yourself before your wife and believe in the adage that says "do unto others as you want others to do unto you". Marriage is beyond ego keeping or chauvinism, your wife is your better half. So, whatever you do, put her in mind, most especially because you are from two different backgrounds. A man must learn to forgive. It is not everything a woman says that you give respond to. My wife is hot-tempered and there are times she would bombard me with text messages. In those days, I would get mad and would reply her, she would text back again and the circle will continue like that. Later, I learnt to just ignore her. When she sends any nasty text message, I just pretend like nothing happened. When I get home, she would ask if I got her texts, then I would ask her, 'which text? and just wave it off. She just gets perplexed


Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless handheld from Glo Mobile.

No comments:

Post a Comment