Monday, September 17, 2012

"I’m Not Wanted By The Police, It Is BlackMail" - Davido

Davido has refuted recent reports that an Assistant Inspector General
of Police has ordered his arrest for beating up a taxi driver sometime
ago. Davido, fondly called "Omo Baba Olowo" by fans reacted to the
issue via his Twitter account. Unlike normal twitter posts which allow
just 140 characters, Davido had quite a lengthy message as he tweeted
"I wish to assure all my beloved fans and friends that I am not wanted
by the police and no officer in the Nigerian police gave an order for
my arrest.
I went to the police some weeks ago to give a
statement and cleared my name. I did not beat up
any taxi driver and the lady that hired the taxi driver
all those that are involved in this matter have made
statements to the police and none of them
mentioned my name except the taxi driver who
claims that a large sum of money was missing in his
taxi. In fact, the lady in question stated that she was
not beaten by anyone and that nobody assaulted the
taxi driver. This is a case of blackmail and I have
resolved not to succumb to any blackmail for money.
And to inform those that are in this conspiracy to
bring me down, I want to remind you that God
Almighty himself got me to where I am today in my
music career and you will not succeed in your
devilish efforts to bring me down"
His manager, who is with the artiste in the US
shooting videos off the 'O.B.O Genesis' album also
said it is all false

No comments:

Post a Comment