Tuesday, August 7, 2012

A-ZAY Meets Shyne of Diesel Music

Ameh Daily blogger - @A_ZayBoI debuts his series, where he speaks with the brightest young talent. HE spoke to Shyne who recently collaborated with 9ice and rapper F Shaw on two separate tracks - 'Spartacus' and 'Follow me go' respectively.


A-Zay: Can You do a brief intro about yourself, please ?
Shyne: Name is Shyne an R&B / Soul artist signed to Diesel Music.
A-Zay: Why Shyne ? How did the name come about ?
Shyne: The name Shyne, has a lot to do with the experiences I had growing up. I was kicked out at 16 by my Dad, at which point there was nowhere to stay. I slept in front of churches and had to go sell stuff in traffic to feed. However through the struggle I knew GOD had a plan for me because he gave me a gift which was my voice. People who heard it would always say I will "Shine" and with that at the back of my mind, the name "Shyne" was born and you can also say it is a prophecy that I will shine.
A-Zay: Oww, growing up for you must have been Tough.. OĶ, how did the music career start for you ?
Shyne: It really was tough, but I thank GOD because everything I went through made me the man I am today.Music started at a young age because it was my escape when I had nowhere to stay and no one to lean on. I would always listen to inspirational songs. I knew I had the voice because people would tell me so, but didn't know how it would change my life, until about 8 months ago when I began recording professionally. Diesel Music became my home and I began my sessions, it was then I actually ever recorded because I never had money for a session.
A-Zay: That's what I call God's Divine favour... Yeah. Okk, jes tell me something now, How did You develop your singing skills ?
Shyne: If I could, I'd write an entire page on it, however its more of GODs gift to me. He knew what I was going through and knew I had nothing. My vocal abilities was all he gave me besides life and I'm sure HE wanted me to make something out of it. I'm not at my peak yet as I always strive to get better with writing and singing and I can only pray GOD continues to give me grace.
A-Zay: Amen, I pray so too. You write the lyrics of your songs on your own ? Or you get help from dope lyricist's ?
Shyne: Thanks a lot man. Means a lot. I write some of the songs, while others come to life as a result of teamwork. I might have an idea, or someone from the team brings up an idea and we turn it into a great song.
A-Zay: Hmm, I see. Ehen, Saw you strolling with a girl few days ago. she's your GF, isn't she ? "No lie me o, or else I go bring my lie detector here now :D
Shyne: Lmao. Guy leave that ting na. U wan cast me. Lol. I only have one woman taking my attention. Her name is music. My music honestly is all I have time for now, I mean the women are all around but I find a great way to balance it and not let them distract me from what's most important and my first love. My music.
A-Zay: *Laughs* U neva talk truth O.. No worry I go catch you.. Humm, If you play an instrument, you can relate on more levels, which instrument you play ?
Shyne: Lol. You say wetin! Lol.I'm really working on that now. I would really love to play the guitar. I can imagine how much more creative I would be with the ability to play. Its work in progress though.
A-Zay: Aiit, What motivates you to write ? Is it the promise of money, Fame, power, Recognition, self-fulfilment ? What actually ?
Shyne: A lot of my motivation comes from the passion I have for music and the fact that I can be a source of inspiration to others who find themselves in a similar position as I was. Drive around Lagos, and other states in Nigeria, and you'll see a bunch of youths who don't know what tomorrow would be like for them. Not sure if they'll have food to eat or where they would sleep the next day. If I am able to inspire these youths to know that they can achieve even if they've been told they would amount to nothing, then only then would I ever feel a sense of self fulfilment.
A-Zay: WoW!! #Gba *Thumbs Up* I like that.. Any advice for Upcoming Artistes ?
Shyne: Ill sum it up in a quote I once came across and have held every since "Many of lifes failures are people who do not realize how close they are to success when they eventually gave up" So just Don't Stop.
A-Zay: Ma bro jes quoted the issh, so ya'll Upcoming Artistes "Don't give up". Tanks for the Time Shyne and don't forget to invite me to your Wedding with music oo.. Lol « I no Well
Shyne: Hahahahaha.
Shyne: Your invite don set already sef! Thanks a lot for having bro. I enjoyed speaking with you
A-Zay: Same Bro..
A-Zay: Aiit Its Ya Boy A-Zay (@A_ZayBoI) & Its a WRap Ya'll | Download Shyne's "Spartacus" ft 9ice & Smoothy here - http://www.hulkshare.com/dl/amg6yq3ji5mo/SPARTACUS_-_SHYNE_FT_9ICE_%26_SMOOTHY_.mp3?d=1?d=1 »» Follow on Twitter @ShyneDiesel

2 comments:

  1. Nice Song Shyne, jez Downloaded the Ishh and I lyk it.. Expecting more hits from You.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Wo ni duro wo Tan, Spartacus" hahahaha... Omo I feel You Die.. Love 9ice's part, your part, every body's Part.. " So ma tadi Sienyi ??" Lol.. Guess that was smoothy.. Nice one Bro.

    ReplyDelete